These Ice Box Reservoirs are perfect for drag racing with a Water to Air Intercooler.
By plumbing this in to the water system of your Water to Air Intercooler and adding ice, it is possible to get intake temperatures BELOW ambient air, resulting in tremendous power gains. And because the water system is separate from the air system, you can mount this Ice Box Reservoir anywhere in the vehicle, including the trunk, passenger floor, back seat, or bed of a truck, without hurting performance.
Comes with four ports on the front for high versatility. We recommend using one of the top ports for the water return line (from the outlet on the intercooler) and the bottom port for the feed line (to the inlet of the pump). The middle port can be left plugged or used for an in-tank pump or sensor. All four ports come with screw-in, removable anodized plugs installed, allowing you to use any number of the ports or use this as a simple storage tank.
Used in conjunction with our Full Port Ball Valves (sold separately), this box makes changing the ice in your system incredibly fast and easy to do right in the staging lane.
- Turn off your Water to Air Pump
- Close the ball valves for the inlet and outlet
- Open the ball valve for the drain and let the water drain out of the box, then close the drain
- Remove the lid on top and fill with up to 20 pounds of ice, top off with water, replace lid. Leave one inch of room at the top when filling with ice. This way, when the ice floats, the feed line will only be exposed to water, preventing it from sucking in ice and clogging the line.
- Open ball valves for inlet and outlet, turn pump back on, and you’re done!
For maximum thermal efficiency, we recommend wrapping the box, your feed line, your intercooler, and your upper intercooler piping with some kind of thermal wrap (the heat wrap used for exhaust manifolds works well.) You can also add some water wetter each time you replace the ice.
- Oversize, water-tight filler cap makes it easy to dump in ice quickly.
- High-strength and good looking 6061 aluminum (both box and lid) is compatible with water, coolant/antifreeze, and methanol.
- Can also be used for other applications, such as a storage tank for your water/methanol injection needs.
- Wide, short design means you can mount it low in the vehicle to improve your center of gravity.
- Just large enough to make several drag passes without having to change the ice each time, but not so large as to add too much weight. Capacity: 2.6 gallons.